About Me

My photo
A wannabe politician, determined to make a mark in the national political arena. Presently employed in a global outsourcing firm. Family & Friends are my only assets. My greatest strength are my brothers & My biggest liability Laziness. This blog is dedicated to my urge to write on issues that bother me and those that have touched me.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Tryst with womanhood under a dental explorer and the art of tea drinking.....
My heart raced, pulse dropped and I became pale when the receptionist uttered those dreadful words, “Sir, it’s your turn” the moment I thought would never come in my life has become a reality now. I gathered all the courage and walked past the reception into the dreaded room, the dental clinic. The doctor was a known face but that was only till she wore the mask and everything of her demeanor turned professional. She made me sit on the chair and explained in a very professional manner what I was about to go through and did she say scaling? Yes that was the word. She assured me this was a very routine thing and there was no need to panic. May be the anguish was written all over my face and the doctor ( I no longer recognized the familiar face) took pains to explain me everything she was going to do and informed of the instruments she was going to using. I prayed to all the Gods I knew and submitted myself to the doctor who appeared completely amused at my odd behavior.
Finally it was over and I climbed down from the chair as if I scaled the Mount Everest. With a glee on my face which disappeared as soon as it appeared when I heard the chuckle at the corner of the room, my brother! ho no the last the person who I wanted to witness this event! The doctor asked me to ignore him and told me I did well for someone who came under the dental explorer for the first time in life and not many fared this better. I saw my chest puffing up in pride. I admired the doctor for her professionalism, equanimity and of course the skill. As I was about to thank her, the mask came off and the known face appeared again as if it was waiting for the exercise to get over. I saw my sister in law with a pleasant smile. It was the proverbial the coin drop moment for me, the shy girl who I met four years back and a reliable ally at home now (who I rely on to taunt me at the given opportunity) and the girl who makes coffee/tea for me without any hesitation even if the request is made at odd hours is a top notch doctor, a thorough professional, who has people waiting at her clinic for hours to get an appointment and who actually is the CEO ( for want of better word) for her clinic. That’s a side I never knew existed when I gulped the tea without a thank you and left the cup on the table for her to take it to the sink.
I drove back home with her in stunned silence, and she was getting down she told me “Bava no tea or coffee for the next 24 hours” I thought to myself I never didn’t intend to ask. She added, “It would spoil the work”, well that was another professional advice. As we entered our home, she quickly transformed into her homemaker attire and started to wash dish which were lying in the kitchen sink, the transformation amazed me. As I entered into my room I saw another reality in my bedroom, my wife, who could have been a project manager by this time if she had continued her job, nursing my new born child. A person who could be managing fortune 500 client was today just managing my childishness and children. I couldn’t sleep that night, as my mind raced to another women who quit her doctoral pursuit in a Germany university to join her husband (my brother again! It seems to run in the family) to ensure he gets three times homemade food a day. Well my statistician mind went to work, and I summarized by findings only 30% of the eligible women in my family work and the one who works has a day job and a night job. 
Honestly, I don’t have an answer to this problem. But one thing I am absolutely sure off, next time I ask for tea I would request it and when given, stand up and receive it and say thanks. Most importantly make sure my sister in laws and wife would have one less cup to clean. While I drink it I would be absolutely aware of the fact, that it was made by a top notch professional in the world and give it due respect

No comments: