About Me

My photo
A wannabe politician, determined to make a mark in the national political arena. Presently employed in a global outsourcing firm. Family & Friends are my only assets. My greatest strength are my brothers & My biggest liability Laziness. This blog is dedicated to my urge to write on issues that bother me and those that have touched me.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Love at first sight a love for life…….

Love at first sight a love for life…….

Never thought this could happen to me, I was awe stuck at her pristine beauty I glimpsed at her only for a few seconds and her picture perfect face was ingrained in my memory for a life time. Conversations around me reduced to mere movement of lips as her beauty deafened everything else. Amidst all the volcanic commotions (emotions) in me, she maintained her composure and oblivious of my presence. Her stoicism only heightened my heartbeat

I was mesmerized enough to drop my jaws in admiration and adulations. At the first sight of her I knew this was the one person with whom I would be happy to surrender my liberties to argue, to disagree, to get angry and even to voice a different opinion. Ergo! Love at first sight dawned on me, I was helpless. My rational and radical self just seemed to have vanished. In other instance of such surrender I would have felt ashamed of myself however this time I felt as if I was destined and willing to be her hostage of love. With a snap of her finger, I knew I could do anything, dangerous? I knew it and I would still want to do it

Is it poetic justice or is it laws of evolution I would care less to decipher the feeling that ran through me, a vowed rationalist till a minute ago. My reasoning abilities numbed, my intellect is craving for my attention, my innerself groping in the dark to define this meek surrender of me. Yet, I knew this is the best thing to happen in my life. This bundle of joy, my first Child in her first few movements on this earth proved the eternal cliché of love at first sight to be true. She came, she posed and she conquered

I felt my feets were grounded when the labor room nurse took the child back into the labor room for further examinations

Everything else came to life again, I could hear my parents, friends and relative congratulate me and I knew my love at first sight has become a love for life, and has induced a new meaning into my life. I welcomed this bundle of joy with a choked voice and gulp in my throat.

Welcome my first child, my first love and my love for life………

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best!!!

Expecting a lot new write-ups.

The Fit.Me said...

Jana, this is a beautiful post.. I just adore your style of writing.. pls continue to write.. would love to hear more of ur thoughts.. :)