About Me

My photo
A wannabe politician, determined to make a mark in the national political arena. Presently employed in a global outsourcing firm. Family & Friends are my only assets. My greatest strength are my brothers & My biggest liability Laziness. This blog is dedicated to my urge to write on issues that bother me and those that have touched me.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Slice of life and Jigarthanda

The suggestion of a jigarthanda (a Southern Tamilnadu drink an exotic mixture of ice and all that is good in the world) on a sultry Sunday evening was not out of the usual but coming from a friend who I have just got to know a few days back was everything but normal. While we have known each other only for a few days (as friends), I felt that magical pull not known to me for quite some time, and when this request came by my way, I just thanked the universe for answering my call.

We got each other two cups full of that exotic mix of the drink and set ourselves for a walk, We recounted our past (some pleasant and some not so pleasant), talked about life, our philosophies, beliefs, values, and our dreams too ( a Benz car was a common dream 😊 ).

With Jigarthanda, every scoop you swallow leaves behind its taste on your tongue, and with every step of our conversation, we were relishing the spirit of camaraderie, friendship, and companionship, it just got better with every step.  While there were hundreds of people milling around us in that busy walkway, we were huddled in our own space and felt an invisible cover of isolation, it was just us, our conversations got better and better.

Personally, my anxieties fell away, a new layer of lightness engulfed my body, and the blood flowed as if it was in harmony with my body. This was perfect me, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Amazing, what a good conversation can do for your body and soul, it is strange why we hide behind our devices or stayed glued to TVs even if it meant listening to a Sadhu. Pure bliss lies in connecting with people who truly matter to you, if you have not found one, just step out and seek, as I did, and the universe will answer your call as well. The key is you need to trust that what you seek will seek you in any form.

As we junked our jigarthanda, we junked our pretense, formality if there was any and we were friends for life. While the taste of Jigarthanda lasted, the taste of true companionship hung all over us in its truest form. That was one slice of life served with chilled Jigarthanda, what more one can ask for a hot Sunday evening.

No comments: